"copied from Jim Mason's website" ***
This page has instructions on how to install ASD source code and/or jar files from archives.
You are free to download and use the tools and examples at this site, with appropriate acknowledgment of their origin, and for those licensed under the Apache 2.0 license, in compliance with the terms of that license. The tools and examples are provided with no warranty expressed or implied.
This site now contains the latest versions of
- ASDEditor (1.10a) - a graphical editor for ASD grammars. To run it in Microsoft Windows with a Java Run-Time Environment (JRE) installed, download the asddigraphs.jar executable jar file (see below) and double-click on that file.
- ASDParser (2.01) - a left-corner, bottom-up parser that uses ASD grammars
- ASDDecider (1.01) - a modification of ASDParser to permit ASD grammar networks to be used as decision networks, and to search them with unordered sets of decision parameter value tokens, instead of the ordered lists of lexical tokens which make up the phrases that ASDParser parses.
Make sure you have latest Java SDK JRE 7 OpenSDK or later available and browser enabled. Generally, a newer Java version is better with default settings. See the howTo page
- Release notes for versions 1.02 of the ASDEditor and ASDParser, describing changes from versions 1.01.
- Release notes for versions 1.03 of the ASDEditor and ASDParser, describing changes from versions 1.02.
- Release notes for versions 1.04 of the ASDEditor, ASDParser and ASDTester, describing changes from v. 1.03.
- Release notes for versions 1.05 of the ASDEditor, ASDParser and ASDTester, describing changes from v. 1.04.
- Release notes for version 1.06 of the ASDEditor.
- Release notes for version 1.07 of the ASDEditor.
- Release notes for version 1.08 of the ASDEditor
- Release notes for release 1.09 describing changes to ASDEditor from version 1.08. Includes new ASDCheck and MergeGrammars utilities.
- Release notes for release 1.10 the change in the asdx package resulting from the addition of the DefinedUsed utility.
- Release notes for release 1.11 describing a change in ASDGrammarReader constructors to permit reading remote grammars via URLs.
- Release notes for release 1.12 describing a minor bug fix in ASDEditor and changes to class ASDGrammarSuccessor.
- Release notes for release 1.13 describing an error fixed in ASDParser version 1.07.
- Release notes for release 1.14 describing a new feature of ASDEditor 1.09.
- Release notes for release 1.15 describing a bug fix in ASDEditor 1.09a.
- Release notes for release 1.16 describing addition of ASDDecider 1.01 and ASDDeciderTester 1.01, and modification of other software to eliminate compiler warnings.